Welcome to ITS•MARC by TLC, a leader in metadata since 1974
Right Hand Truncation
|Browse the Catalog|
ITS.MARC allows you to search for partial words in the search query box by using the symbol * to the right of a word fragment. For example, a contains search on titles using the query sales* might return a results list with titles such as Death of a Salesman or Effective Sales Management.
Exact Phrase Searches
You can designate exact phrases to search by enclosing them in quotes ("All's Well that Ends Well").
Searching: Putting it all together
So far you have learned how to
- Perform author and title searches;
- Set the begin with and contain parameters
- Use the "Set Limit" features; and
- Perform Boolean searches.
The skills you have developed can also be applied to subject, notes, and any items searches. Try the following searches to expand your skills:
- Notes that contain the phrase William Shakespeare
- A subject search for William Shakespeare and either drama or poetry
- Only titles in French containing William Shakespeare