When you open ITS•MARC, the Search page is automatically displayed (Figure 1).
From the Search page you can:
The following search elements are available:
- Perform a search using one or more of the available databases;
- Search the catalog (search only author, title, subject OR notes, subjects OR authors,
titles OR subjects, or all of the author, title, subject, or notes fields);
- Browse (move forward or backward through a word or number search list);
- Advanced search (use Boolean operators (AND/OR/NOT)
to search author, title, subject notes simultaneously); or
- Get Online Help.
- Home button - Returns you to the home page;
- Help button - Opens the ITS.MARC Help page;
- Search - clears any search terms entered and limits set;
- Browse - Opens the Browse search query page;
- Advanced Search - Opens the Advanced Search page;
- Find: lets you select Titles, Authors, Subjects, Notes, Authors or Titles,
Subjects or Authors, Titles or Subjects, or any field to search;
- Return pulldown menu - lets you select the number of results that will be
displayed per page;
- Beginning with / containing pulldown menu - lets you search for items in the
catalog that begin with or contain the search query;
- The empty query box - the place where you enter your search terms;
- The Set Limits option - lets you narrow a search by Date, Language, and Format; and
- The Search button - launches a search.