Configuring Your Browser For Library.Solution
Setting up Internet Explorer 4+
- Do a search in ITS.MARC by trying a test for titles, using the word dog or another common term. Select a record from the results set, and click on MARC Download.
- A logon page will display. Using the User Name and Password supplied in the cover letter of your Library.Solution Cataloging package, fill in the information as requested. Click Logon.
- A "File Download" dialog box will display asking ask what you want to do with this file. If available, uncheck the box labeled Always ask before opening this type of file.
Note: For some file types, the Always ask before opening this type of file check box is not available (grayed out). When this check box is not available, and contains a check mark, you will always be asked before opening this type of file.
Tip: This dialog box behaves differently, depending upon your operating system and browser. In some cases, the Always ask before opening this type of file check box may be available on a later attempt to download. If so, uncheck the box to eliminate the box from future downloads.
- Choose Open this file from its current location and click OK.
- An "Open With" dialog box will display asking ask what program you wish to use to open this type of file. Click on Other.
- The "Select an appropriate viewer" dialog box will display. Select the Program Files directory and click Open.
- With Program Files displayed in the Look in box, find The Library Corporation and select it. Click Open.
- Library.Solution should be the only entry. Select it, and click Open.
- Find the Cat directory, select it, and then click Open.
- Find the file Catrec32 or Catrec32.exe and select it. Click Open
Note: Some applications will display files without their extensions (i.e., "exe" in this case).
- The Open With dialog box will return. If available, check the box labeled Always use this program to open this file. Select Catrec32 in the list and click OK.
- If Library.Solution Cataloging is currently running when you select MARC Download in ITS?MARC, you will receive an Internet Record Save Advice message box, advising you that the MARC Record has been sent to L.S. Cataloging.
- If Library.Solution Cataloging is not currently running when you select MARC Download in ITS.MARC, an Internet Record Save Advice message box will display, advising you that the record has been saved to L.S. Cataloging queue.
Note: Make sure that you click OK to this message box EACH time it appears.
The next time you run Library.Solution Cataloging, you can view the records by selecting Open Internet Queue from the File menu.
Your Internet Explorer Browser is now prepared for future downloading of MARC records from ITS.MARC.